Update via PC
Follow these step-by-step instructions to download phone software updates, also known as firmware updates, for your Nokia phone.
Step 1: Get Started
- Windows 2000 (SP3 or later) or Windows XP (SP1 or SP2)
- Administration rights on the PC while installing
- Internet connection (broadband highly recommended)
- USB connection between PC and phone (use a compatible Nokia cable)
- Phone switched on and in general profile, SIM card inserted
- Charger connection to power source
Step 2: Download Nokia Software Updater
Download the Nokia Software Updater installation file below. Then select "run" from the dialog box that appears. After installing you can update your phone software.
Note: This PC software only needs to be downloaded once, and can be used each time you check for available firmware updates.
Step 3: Check for firmware updates
After installing the Nokia Software Updater, connect your phone to your PC via Nokia cable. The Nokia Software Updater will guide you through the phone software update process.
Personal data such as contacts, photos and messages stored in the phone memory will be deleted during phone software update. It is strongly recommended that you back up this data to your PC or memory card.
For help on how to back-up your phone data to a memory card or PC, please see your phone user guide.
Phone update FAQ
Questions before you download? Trouble installing? Try our FAQ >>