Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench Lifestyle and Tech Forums, OCBC 360, Bonus$aver, Forex > News Headlines > Submit your news LIVE

Submit your news LIVE Submit news and updates from other sites here. * This section is moderated*

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

Intel Core i7-3820 Extreme Edition CPU Review

Submit your news LIVE

Add this thread to:  Submit to Clesto Clesto  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old 20-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Bronze Member

Potenza rep: 7
Das Capitolin is on a distinguished road
Default Intel Core i7-3820 Extreme Edition CPU Review

Intel Core i7-3820 Extreme Edition CPU
Not quite a year after Intel released Sandy Bridge with the new LGA-1155 platform they upped the performance bar again. This time around, the Sandy Bridge-E LGA-2011 platform is bigger, faster, and represents the top-of-the-line for consumer computing. Intel "Extreme Edition" processors have always brought out the best that the company has to offer, but the Extreme moniker isn't limited to the performance. The price of Extreme Edition CPUs generally matches, with the highest end of these clocking in near $1000. The LGA-2011 platform offers a lot in terms of performance computing, besides just the Extreme Edition CPUs, though. You also get a full 40 PCI-E lanes and quad-channel memory compatibility. So what about those of us that don't need a $1000 CPU, but we still want to use three or four GPUs to their full potential? For that, we have the Intel i7-3820 3.6GHz CPU. In this article, Benchmark Reviews goes under the hood of the littlest Sandy Bridge-E processor.
[IMG]http://***************s.com/images/reviews/processor/i7-3960X/Intel-Core-i7-3960X-Extreme-Edition-CPU-Review.jpg[/IMG]
More...