Main Page | | English News | Reviews | Forum | US Price List | Facebook | History | Contact | Privacy | Site Map

Custom Search

Go Back   OCWorkbench Lifestyle and Tech Forums, OCBC 360, Bonus$aver, Forex > PC Problems, Mainboard and Graphics card troubleshooting > ECS / PCChips > ECS#2001 (archive) (精英#2001)

ECS#2001 (archive) (精英#2001) Technical discussing on ECS boards and posting of the latest BIOS of ECS boards.

Click here to resend forum activation email
Lost your password, Request it here

2 beeps, pause, 8 beeps

ECS#2001 (archive) (精英#2001)

Add this thread to:  Submit to Clesto Clesto  Submit to Digg Digg  Submit to Reddit Reddit  Submit to Furl Furl  Submit to Del.icio.us Del.icio.us  Submit to Spurl Spurl

Old 05-11-2001, 09:10 AM
ellen

Angry

I bought my board 2 weeks ago. It has the original old bios. Did not change anything.
Added some PCI-cards. Startet linux. It worked!

Yesterday suddenly it beeps and does not
boot and display anymore (only once in between several tries).

board beeps 2 times, pause, 8 times

alltogether this is 10 times

the bios beep documentation of ami only says:

10 beeps CMOS shutdown register read/write error

and comments are: system board bad

but nothing about 2 beeps, pause, 8 beeps

What is it exactly? Can I repair it myself?
Or must it be repaired?

thx in advance

Thorsten van Ellen
Old 05-11-2001, 09:18 AM
importtech

http://www.ami.com/support/doc/beep_codes.pdf

I'd check your video card...might not be
well seated
OCWorkbench
Old 05-11-2001, 09:25 AM
Michael Uebe

2 beeps then 8 beeps means "bad video card memory" just try to reseat your video card.
Old 06-11-2001, 12:14 AM
ellen

Thx, for your reply, but I already reseated the video card.
I also removed all other cards.
I forgot to tell, that after the mentioned beeps
is following a long pause (the system tries to boot???)
and then again 2 beeps, pause, 1 beep.
The documentation says: memory problems.
I also removed the two memory sticks (SD-RAM).
Tried each of both alone in each bank.
The same result. Many beeps and no display.

Without memory: no beeps, no bios, no boot, no display. I already contacted the seller.

best regards

Thorsten van Ellen
Old 06-11-2001, 04:14 AM
Smok

I've had the same problem.
Actually, as Mike mentioned, the question was in Video card.
Try to reinstall it again.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:28 AM
Deezy

like everyone has been stating,..those beeps indicates a video card not present, of which I've had 2 different boards do this to me...one, I reseated the vidcard by seesawing into slot and card went in a little farther then i had it in originally..turned system on and all better.. the second, the video card died on me and then got same beeps, replaced the video card and all better.....main thing is make sure that card IS ALL THE WAY IN SLOT..it might seem and look like its in all the way but it'll fool ya....
Old 06-11-2001, 06:27 AM
bogrole

I have also had this problem. I would suggest trying another video card. The AGP port seems very tight and the cards need a good push.
Old 06-11-2001, 11:25 PM

Potenza rep: 13
Coflek is on a distinguished road
Huh... Am I glad to read this.

I just tought that my problems with this board are finished yesterday, when last night Win 2000 posted a code 10 problem for my soundcard. Aftrer trying to find if there are any resource conflicts with the onboard audio, or any other devices, without success. This morning I tried the advice form the Win 2000 troubleshootyer. I took out the card and fitted it into another slot. After starting up I had the same problem as higlighted above.

two beeps + eight beeps with another three much later without anything on the screen. I just went trough a lot with this board in the last few days, and now this.

I just hope that video card is misfitted and that I accidentally moved it.

Well I 'll see after coming home.

All that I can say that I just hope this will be all right.
Old 07-11-2001, 02:02 AM
d21controller

I was getting the same beeping on the second system I put together with this board. Try some good quality RAM that fixed it for me after trying 3 "off brands". I was told by a tech support person that the 2/8 beeps mean it's not even getting to the video check yet. My computers seem to like Crucial DDR and wouldn't even boot up with cheap pc133.
Old 07-11-2001, 03:17 AM
-Grifter-

I had the same problem. It turned out to be a grounding issue. When I pulled the board out of the case and laid it down just right it worked. I had to cover the posts that held the screws that hold the mb in the case with electrical tape. Then I poked pin holes through the tape so I could get the screw through easily. Now my system works well inside the case. Hope this helps you. ;>